Friday, April 2, 2010

2010 season starts

My sons spring break was a couple of weeks ago, so we went up/over to Murphreeburo Tn. and fished the Duck river near the dam for Rainbow Trout. The boy caught a few while I got skunked but I did learn some lessons, white streamers are the way to go.
Two days ago we started the warm water 2010 season and had a blast with #12 black poppers on ultralite rods at a local lake. The Bream were literally jumping out of the water for the flies/poppers. We got there just as the sun was setting and other people were leaving. Sadly I have no pics.

1 comment:

Bill Trussell said...

Hi Apneaman
Small world my wife and I were born in Mississippi and taught school at Shannon for 15 years, before moving to Jasper Alabama. We couldn’t make a living teaching in Mississippi. We loved the state and hated to leave but you have to think of your future and your children. I am glad I found your blog because I feel we have something in common as far as fly fishing and both of us Mississippians. I enjoyed reading your post on the Duck. My son-in-law and I have fished it a couple of times and caught some trout in the 10” to 12” range. My son-in-law and daughter lived in Springhill Tennessee and we fish the Caney when my wife and I are up for a visit. It is really a great stream in the summer. I am going to become one of your followers so I can keep up with a fellow Mississippian. If you would like become one my followers the blog address is--- http://btrussell-fishingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ have a great weekend.